The chance of leaving a car accident scene unscathed is rare. After a car crash, victims become entangled in a network of confusion, unsure of the next move. If you are involved in a car accident, the safety of your occupants is the priority.
The magnitude of the accident determines the intensity of injuries sustained. Ignoring auto injuries could cause birth complications later in life. Are you struggling with an auto injury in Elyria, OH? Our chiropractor will restore your health by devising a treatment plan that matches your unique health needs.
What Are the Common Auto Accident Injuries?
You may think you are okay after a car accident, but symptoms start cropping up after the adrenaline wears off. We advise our patients to seek chiropractic care regardless of the nature of the car accident. We are trained to spot hidden auto injuries such as:
- Bone fractures: Broken legs, ribs, ankles, wrists, and arms are common after an accident. Bone fractures are pronounced in both minor and main auto accidents. The intensity of these fractured bones is determined by the magnitude of force and speed involved during the crash.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is the most pronounced form of auto injury in minor and major accidents, particularly rear-end collisions affecting the shoulders and neck. If untreated, whiplash may trigger headaches, dizziness, neck pain, and stiffness.
- Back pain: Disc herniation is a common back injury where your disc shifts out of position, pinching a nearby nerve. Sprains and strains are also common back injuries in an auto accident.
- Head trauma: Head injuries range from minor concussions to more severe brain injuries. A head injury shouldn't be ignored, whether minor or severe. At our chiropractic clinic, we can treat post-traumatic headaches, including concussions, whiplash headaches, and spasm headaches.
How does a chiro treat auto accident injury?
Spine manipulation is the first line of treatment for auto injuries. Spinal manipulations trigger the secretion of anti-inflammatories that mitigate pain and inflammation. Besides, spinal manipulation aligns your joints, triggering your body's self-healing mechanism. The other chiropractic care techniques include:
- Spinal decompression
- Muscle stimulation
- Therapeutic massage
- Strengthening exercises
- Ultrasound therapy
- Lifestyle and nutritional counseling
Let our chiropractor treat your auto injury today!
It's pivotal to seek treatment from our chiropractor after an auto accident. Are you among many victims struggling with auto accident injuries in Elyria, OH? Then, don't hesitate to contact our chiropractor at Lorain Injury Center for personalized chiropractic care. Call (440) 240-9390 to schedule an appointment today!